cant sign in to ebay

booner 20:08 11 Apr 06

Hi all,iam posting this for a mate who is having trouble signing onto ebay every time he enters his password and clicks SIGN IN the page and task bar disappers and he is back to windows since this has been happening he has had couple of strange emails from ebayers in the states saying he has won an item,and also that he has sold an item, but he has not done any of this.Anyone help?

spuds 20:23 11 Apr 06

Your mate is using www ebay.co.uk and not www ebay.com!

The win/sell emails are genuine and not spoofs!

His your mate using broadband or dial-up!

skidzy 20:43 11 Apr 06

If your mate is genuinely saying he has not bought or sold anything,he must contact Ebay immediately and have the account frozen untill it is proven that he did not take part in what could turn out to be a scam.
click here
Suspicious Account Activity
Then follow the prompts.

skidzy 20:48 11 Apr 06

When Spuds asked you if he is on BB or dial up,he may well be referring to his pc being hijacked by a rogue dialer.This little free program will protect his Dial up connection if he has a Dialup ...it will also find all internet connections on his system.
click here

Spuds

I assume this is why you asked if BB or Dial up.

booner 21:45 11 Apr 06

Hi he is on bb tascali. but as he cant get onto ebay he cant get intouch.As far as i know he has only had two emails and he did reply to them saying that he had not used ebay for a couple of months and did not know anything about it.as far as i know he has no trouble with any other site.I will pass on the info thanks.

skidzy 21:52 11 Apr 06

Booner..If has the Ebay toolbar installed,tell him to uninstall it,then run click here
Also try click here

Then reboot,maybe this will help

I had a very similar problem with not being able to login to Ebay a while ago,after removing the Ebay toolbar...all was ok.

booner 22:11 11 Apr 06

Thanks skidzy will let him know,i have just sent an email to ebay on the link you gave,see if they can help Cheers.

spuds 22:13 11 Apr 06

skidzy-- Yes I was thinking on the lines of a dialer or bug in the system.

booner-- There is a possibility that an account can be hijacked, and this type of suspicious activity must be reported to eBay. I would also suggest that your mate contacts PayPal (if he as an account)and ask if the account as shown any activity since it was used last by your mate.PayPal phone number 08707 307 191

booner 22:23 11 Apr 06

hi spuds i think he did check his accounts and all seemed ok,so it looks like there has been no damage done there,as long as that is still the case.Just as well the item he had won was over 14,ooo dollars some type of wagon four wheel drive job,and it was buyer collects.

Stuartli 22:43 11 Apr 06

eBay IS on click here

I had a problem signing on at one time shortly after joining and had some very helpful e-mail advice from the outlet at the time - the suggestions sorted it out for me.

booner 22:58 11 Apr 06

Thanks all for your input i will see my mate tomorrow,i am of to bed got to be up at five in the morn,not good.I will look back here tomorrow,and let you konw if there has been any change with his problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now