Cant sign in to aol or email banking!

prodway 18:42 27 Feb 04

Hi,Im having problems with the aol.co.uk web site.When i get onto the aol home page,type my screen name and password to sign in(so i can read my email) the next page is the "This page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."message.
Iv tried changing settings etc...in internet expolorer and its stil the same.Im on ntl broadband which has always seemed fine.Iv ask my brother if he can log on on his computer and it works fine, so theres no problem with the webpage.The same also happends when i try to sign into hsbc internet banking.Hope someone can tell me thats its just a wrong setting in internet explorer or somthing,Cheers,Paul.

prodway 18:52 27 Feb 04

Email banking??Duh,I meant internet banking.

prodway 19:03 27 Feb 04

Also,i used to be able to sign in to read my aol email by using the aol instant messenger,but that no longer works either,although this stopped working a while ago.

fred 21:15 27 Feb 04

My internet bank claims that a MS update in Feb causes potential problems for sign in and offers a link for a fix.

Hope this helps.

Cesar 09:50 28 Feb 04

I use AOL 8 for Internet Banking and have never had any problems, I also use it to pay Bills.

thisisnighthawk 10:45 28 Feb 04

is the firewall set too high ? that is the usual thing.

prodway 11:30 28 Feb 04

Hi,no firewall,Im not actaully using the AOL internet service provider,im only using the home page to use as my email,Im running off ntl broadband.Im using windows xp,all iv changed on my computer within the last few days is run tweek xp,so im thinking maybe thats changed something in my registry or deleted a file maybe.Thanks for your suggestions so far but still no fix,Cheers Paul.

thisisnighthawk 12:21 28 Feb 04

go to "start" > "run" and type in

sfc /scannow and see if it puts it right.

Jester2K 12:23 28 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…