CAN'T SHUTDOWN OR RESTART!! HELP!!!!

aqua52 15:12 27 Jan 08

My laptop is Fujitsu Amilo Pro, have XP and I was installing AVG 7.5 and when I restart the computer says End Program and it just stops it and nothing happens - now I can't have AVG 7.5 so what do I do now???

kindly 15:51 27 Jan 08

I guess it might be best to start up in safe mode and use system restore to go back to before the install of avg. then start it up normally to see if that has put it right.
You could try a search for some free spyware and anti virus programs.

p;3 23:54 27 Jan 08

is your lap top new ? if so did it come pre loaded with Norton antivirus ?

from which site did you get the AVG 7.5 exe ?

aqua52 08:33 28 Jan 08

Thanks kindly
p;3 my laptop is 3 years old and I went to grisoft.com for AVG

birdface 09:16 28 Jan 08

Have you ever had Norton on it like p;3 said.If so you have to use the Norton removal tool to remove it properly.If you cannot shut down properly.Press ctrl Alt and Delete at the same time.Taskmanager should appear.Go to shut down.And press turn off,see if that works.

BUSYLISSE 01:02 15 Feb 08

unplug internet boot let run for 5 minutes shut down plug in the internet reboot as normal.

p;3 17:48 15 Feb 08

suggest you try a system restore to a date prior to AVG installation
this link
click here
explains how to use that tool

also search in your Add remove programs section for Norton which I suggest you will find was a preloaded item and you may find it has been installed and is up and running

of interest, how do you connect to the internet and who is your Internet service provider?

ronalddonald 20:20 23 Feb 08

unplug the mains and remove the battery. That should switch off. when you swith bcak on it do disc check and also let you go on safe mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…