Cant Share printer on a network

triflesterms 10:36 27 Nov 08

Hi

Im trying to share my pc to a network so that other computers connected to the network can print from the same printer, ive enabled printer sharing though the other computer on the network can see my computer name but not the printer.

Hope someone can help?

Thanx

The Kestrel 10:43 27 Nov 08

Have you installed the printer drivers on the other PC in your network?

This article may also help you click here

triflesterms 10:50 27 Nov 08

All the computers on the network have the drivers installed, the problem is that they cant see the printer

piddletrenthide 14:25 27 Nov 08

When I set this up in XP, I needed to (from the other computer) go to the Add Printer wizard and browse for a printer. At that stage only the other computer on the network was shown, but on double clicking that, a drop down list appeared of the attached printers and I was able to select the one I wanted.

Apologies if you've already tried this!

Woolwell 15:04 27 Nov 08

I've just been through a similar problem with 3 PC's this morning and discovered that it was a firewall problem. I had to insert the IP address of each computer on the network to get the computers talking together properly.

Firstly have you tried with the firewalls turned off and see if it works then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple