Can't share internet via wireless ADSL router

Hearst555 13:51 29 Oct 05

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a wireless home network through a wireless ADSL modem router, but I can't seem to allow my laptops to connect through the internet. The router I'm using is a Belkin ADSL High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router (#F5D7633UK4A) and I was able to connect my main desktop computer successfully to the internet with my ISP (AOL). However, when I try to connect to the internet wirelessly using my laptops (IBM Thinkpad R50e and Dell Inspiron 510m, both Centrino models with built in wireless adaptors) it just gives me a "page cannot be displayed" error on the web browser. I tried switching off Norton firewall but it doesn't help. I've attempted to ping to my router from my laptops using command prompt but it gives me a request time out error. The default gateway for the router is 192.168.2.1, which works when pinging with the desktop computer but doesn't with the laptops. I've also tried assigning each computer an unique IP address (192.168.2.XXX) but it also doen't seem to work. I'm running out of ideas to see where I've gone wrong, so any help would be appreciated.

PaulB2005 14:04 29 Oct 05

Try click here on both laptops....

Hearst555 14:24 29 Oct 05

Thanks for the suggestion PaulB2005. I ran the program on both laptops and rebooted it, but it's just like before. The laptops can connect wirelessly into the router (indicating Excellent signal strength and 54.0mbps connection), but both can't seem to ping the DNS (192.168.2.1) and connect to the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…