Can't set up printer without Windows CD

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 23:44 05 Apr 05

Hi all,
I am trying to set up my printer, but 1/2 way through it is asking for my windows 98 CD, that I don't have.

Is there a way around this....

In Hope

Your humble tecnophope

DieSse 23:46 05 Apr 05

You could always buy a legal copy of Windows98?

DieSse 23:47 05 Apr 05

Please post again if you have a legal copy, but have lost or broken the CD, or if the system only has recovery disks, or similar.

As many of those who read my postings, and have advised me (Diesee you have helped me on many occasion)will know, I am running an old 10 year old 1:33 beast here that has been in and out of 2 PC shops wiped and started again. (It amuses me that the last time I took it in the bloke who fixed it indeed commented "it's not very good is it". Well I keep plodding on.
I am really on the verge of getting a new one, however money is really tight, and whilst this one keeps me on line what can I do.

I am running windows 98 (I think second edition),

Is there a solution?

Totally-braindead 00:07 06 Apr 05

Without the original Windows disks I don't think there is a solution. Unless you know the name of the file it needs and it is available from Microsoft. Perhaps you know someone who has a PC running 98 who can lend you their copy till you get the printer installed, only idea I have.

BRYNIT 01:00 06 Apr 05

This might help click here;en-us;311985

THE TERMINATOR 01:02 06 Apr 05

Is the printer a new one? And did it come with a cd with the drivers on it, as this is why it is asking for a disk. This doesn't neccessary mean the windows disk.If it is an old one then it may not be supported. What make and model is it.

BRYNIT 01:05 06 Apr 05

Just can't get these links to work try this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…