Can't set my User Picture. Windows 7

Tycho 19:50 PM 18 May 12

When I try to put one of my photos in my user account, clicking on "Browse for more pictures does not open the expected explorer window so I can't choose one of my own photos.

Any thoughts?

Nick

rdave13 20:03 PM 18 May 12

Once the Browse for more pictures pane opens, select the Organize tab -> Layout -> and tick the box for the navigation pane. You can then browse to any of your picture folders.

Tycho 22:02 PM 18 May 12

That is the problem rdave 13. The window does not open. The "Browse for more pictures" link does nothing.

Nick

rdave13 22:09 PM 18 May 12

I misunderstood when you said does not open the expected explorer window , thinking that it had opened a pane. My mistake.

Run the system file checker a couple of times then reboot and see if that helps. Link.

Tycho 22:11 PM 18 May 12

Right ho. I will have a go.

N

Tycho 21:40 PM 19 May 12

I did the scannow twice but it found no problem and there now change in the behaviour of the link. I still can't open the browser window.

What's next to try?

Nick

lotvic 21:52 PM 19 May 12

Try by accessing the Change Pic Screen the other way - both methods are ClickHere I mean if you are getting there by clicking on picture -Method 1, then try Method 2 (via control panel)

rdave13 22:36 PM 19 May 12

OK. Try this, type advanced in the search bar. Select view advanced system settings. Under the advanced tab select the settings tab under Performance. Make sure the box is ticked to show thumbnails instead of icons. Click apply.

Tycho 23:05 PM 19 May 12

lotvic

I fear that neither way works. :-(

N

Tycho 23:08 PM 19 May 12

rdave13

It is already has the box ticked : show thumbnails instead of icons.

Hm...

Thanks for trying. Anything else to try out?

Nick

rdave13 23:12 PM 19 May 12

Try un-ticking it, apply-ok. Open again and tick the box-apply-ok. Reboot.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…