Cant set homepage

Air_Man 17:56 18 Jun 06

I have just finished a complete rebuild of by pc and Win XP Pro. Everything is fine except I cannot change my homepage. It keeps returning to MSN.com, even when I have just changed it (not rebooted - rebooting does nothing).

I have searched all over the web without sucess, but thought I'd put it up to the knowledgable PCA forum users.

Funny thing is, I can't even change the registry setting for the homepage which is:click here={SUB_PRD}&clcid={SUB_CLSID}&pver={SUB_PVER}&ar=home

Yet when entering this into the address bar, I do not get MSN. Spybot and Adaware find nothing!

Firefox is not affected. Any thoughts?

Thx

De Marcus™ 18:38 18 Jun 06

Hi Air_Man, I've just had the same problem and I'm almost certain it's a problem with a recent MS update, I couldn't do anything to get round it. I plumped for a fresh install and all now seems fine, although it took 3 fresh installs to get rid of MSN in total. My laptops next, and I don't relish the prospect of going through the hassle again.

Arnie 19:50 18 Jun 06

and there is a similar situation here on this forum:

click here

It may help.

Arnie.

Legolas 20:44 18 Jun 06

Air_Man I had the exact same problem go to click here and scroll down to the reply that instructs you to download regDACL the second post I think, d/load and follow instructions if that does not work try the next fix further down called pageunlock.reg
If none of these work start in safe mode and apply them This worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…