cant set up camera with pc

LEGGGGY 19:18 04 Feb 05

hello, just purchased a sony P120 camera and have loaded the software onto my pc- which runs windows millenium however, as soon as i plug the camera in , it says it recognizes new hardware but fails to process it it as it says some file is missing and i need the millenium disc to continue. problem is i dont have a disc as pc was bought refurbished. any ideas as ways around this as ive none ????

csqwared 19:54 04 Feb 05

Make a note of the file name and do a google. You may be lucky and be able to download and install without the need for the disc.

ventanas 21:38 04 Feb 05

Don't even try, buy a card reader, they start at about £15. No need to install anything.

By the way, whoever sold you the pc without the CD for the version of Windows you have has broken the licence terms, and so have you by continuing to use it. Go back to where you got it and demand the disc, it is your right.

LEGGGGY 10:21 05 Feb 05

mmmm interesting,, yes you are probably right i will get onto them..thanks

Storik 10:29 05 Feb 05

Had the same problem with my husband's Sony Handy Cam and found the software only worked properly with Windows XP. (Sony memory stick)

Agree with ventanas - would also suggest you get on Sony website and see if you can dowload the drivers for ME. The card reader is an excellent idea.

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…