Cant send mail Outlook express

geoff47 23:44 17 Nov 03

For the last two days I am getting this when trying to down load mail....

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Query', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have recently installed Spambunker and uninstalled Mailwasher,could either of these be the problem? Or is it something to do with NTL?

Any help will be most welcome
Thanks in advance Geoff47

Diodorus Siculus 23:53 17 Nov 03

Server: '127.0.0.1',

This is your PC. There may be a problem in the settings for spambunker. Can you disable it and re-enter your pop2 settings into OE and see what happens?

geoff47 00:43 18 Nov 03

Thanks for that Diodorus Siculus(nice moniker)
It was as easy as that...disabled...reset...clicked recieve (before enabling spambanker) and was buried under a wall of spam spam spam spam.
Wish I knew a bit more about these things.
Thanks again Geoff47

geoff47 20:58 18 Nov 03

Today I am getting this message and no mail of course.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Went through the same procedure as yesterday but this time no go.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Geoff47

beeuuem 21:47 18 Nov 03

According to the manual you can turn Spambunker off:-
Account List: Once selected the correct type, the configured email accounts are listed on
the left. You may now simply double-click on each account to toggle between the
SpamBunker mode (with icon) or normal direct mode (no icon).

Can you collect your mail in direct mode?

Diodorus Siculus 22:20 18 Nov 03

Will the mail come through when Spambunker is off?

I think that Spambunker may change the details of your servers - i.e. make itself a server and point OE to it.

But for some reason it is not reacting to your setup in the required manner.

geoff47 23:06 18 Nov 03

This is the messages I am recieving when posting mail...I did actualy recieve mail,or get the message "no mail" although I am expecting at least one important mail.I have inserteted a "?" where my address should be.

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '?'. Subject 'Fw: Query', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '500 Remote connection lost during SendQueued', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 500, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Query', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '500 Remote connection lost during SendQueued', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 500, Error Number: 0x800CCC62

Any suggestions again please?
Geoff47

geoff47 00:18 19 Nov 03

Spambunker is holding the mail....I have to allow mail from certain addresses,is that right?
Whether spambunker is toggled on or off I cant send mail...here is the messages.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I need to send an impotant email,or I would just put it down to NTL and not worry too much.
Any more help on this?
Or should I just uninstall spambunker?
Geoff47

beeuuem 00:43 19 Nov 03

As Diodorus Siculus pointed out the '127.0.0.1' in the error message suggests the settings have been changed to access mail through a local server or proxy. Local means on your computer.

In fact, this is stated in the manual " In order to do this,SpamBunker presents itself to the email software as an email server on its own. This is
commonly called a “local proxy”. Your email program no longer communicates with your
ISP’s servers."

This would suggest that Spambunker is the problem as you say that before you installed this there was no problem with sending and receiving mail.

Do you use Norton A/V?

Spambunker say "SpamBunker and Norton Antivirus 2002/3
Symantec’s Norton Antivirus 2002 and above contain an email scanner. Due to the way
Symantec implemented this feaure technically, no other email tool on a local proxy basis can
be used with this product. Feel free to complain with Symantec and let them know.
Due to this flaw, it is necessary to disable the “Scanning Incoming Mail” feature within Norton
Antivirus. Given SpamBunker’s high degree of blocking unwanted emails, as well as the
ability to disable dangerous content, the drawback of this change isn’t dramatic at all."
Also, if you do have Norton it can,apparently, interfere with the installation of Spambunker.

To verify that the problem is Spambunker I would suggest removing it completely, put your ntl account settings back to nrrmaland try sending and receiving mail.

If this setup works then you could reinstall Spambunker and see if it works.

Good luck. I think I'll stay with Mailwasher ;-)

beeuuem 00:45 19 Nov 03

or even "put your ntl account settings back to normal and".........

Djohn 00:48 19 Nov 03

I prefer nrrmaland! ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple