cant send mail from outlook 2000

can anyone help i cant send email out from outlook pop ac*!@: is tiscali so can recive but it wont send any help would be help ful

Sir Radfordin™ 12:15 04 Mar 03

are you getting any error messages?

yeah 550 this message error contact tiscali.co.uk
smtp sever erroe number ox800ccc79

melancol 22:46 05 Jan 05

hi,
I have the same problem using outlook 2000, but with ntlworld. My main computer with outlook 2000 works fine, but my laptop connected by a belkin wireles router suffers the 0x800ccc79 error. Both comps run xp home. all settings are identical.

Any Ideas

Melancol

VoG II 22:48 05 Jan 05
  pinfog1 22:52 05 Jan 05

i had the opposite problem; i could send email but anyone who replied got their emails Returned to Sender.

didn't 'wanadoo' it but after a few garbled transcontinental helpline phone calls, i changed isp

sorry i cant help

melancol 23:00 05 Jan 05

thanks vog,
do you have any sites up your sleeve that cures the problem with ntl world. I had a look, but the ntlworld help page is as useful as a chocolate teapot!

steven_frost 23:20 05 Jan 05

if i understand this you need to set your smtp to what NTL my friend has the same problem when he went from wanadoo to another BB supplier he still uses he wanadoo email address but uses his BB smtp settings

melancol 09:53 07 Jan 05

my smtp setting is...
smtp.ntlworld.com

This is the same as he setting on my main computer which sends mail with no problems.

Could it be a setting within my belkin router which is blocking the request? the laptop receives mail without any errors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…