Can't send mail

maltose 21:25 20 Jul 09

I have just changed my ISP from tiscali (wired) to Talktalk wireless. I can still receive mail into my tiscali address, in outlook express, but when I try to send mail i get this error message

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Mail server', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Sorry, your non-local IP address (78.145.27.147) is not allowed to send email via me.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F try to send mail i get this error message

any suggestions please?

Technotiger 21:31 20 Jul 09

As Tiscali are now owned/merged with Talk Talk, perhaps you would get a better answer here ... click here

VoG II 21:33 20 Jul 09

You need to change your outgoing mail SMTP setting to the TalkTalk one.

maltose 21:39 20 Jul 09

VoG™ thank you. I am alas no expert how do I go about changing my SMTP setting?

Technotiger 22:40 20 Jul 09

Assuming you are using Outlook Express (which I don't use, so I cannot give exact wording etc), you will need to go to Tools>Accounts, highlight your account and then click on Properties, click on the Server tab and change the details from Tiscali to Talk Talk.

Anyone using OE/Talk Talk should be able to advise you further if necessary.

maltose 08:57 21 Jul 09

Hi VoG™ and Technotiger, many thanks for your advice. Tech.. is quite right I should really go to TalkTalk's help line as a first call. However, it is a compliment to this forum's experts that when I do meet PC troubles (once a year?) I find advice here speedier and more understandable that the help lines. I will go now and try TalkTalk free help line. I will close this thread - but may come back! Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…