Can't send emails

hmmmm(the original) 09:18 28 May 09

Since monday I've been unable to send emails through my company aco*!@:. I get the follwoing error message

Task 'my name - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 Mail from 217.35.**.** refused, see RBL server rbl.btconnect.com'

Our IT guy is off on leave at the moment so I can't contact him. Any suggestions. I don't want to ring BT unless I really have to, as I don't have access to the username and passwords which I'm sure they'l want.

Our incoming mail server is post.companyname.co.uk
our outgoing server is mail.btconnect.com

Jollyjohn 09:28 28 May 09

Under Tools. Account, settings, server settings there is a box for "my server requires authentication" try removing the tick - or putting it in if missing - and try again.

if you ring BT you will need the number your BBand service is provided on or your WM account number and the answer to the security question.

hmmmm(the original) 09:35 28 May 09

Yeah just tried that. The box was unticked, I ticked it and it rejected it with a different error message. So i've unticked it again.

Jollyjohn 09:54 28 May 09

Try here click here to see if your ip address is blacklisted? This would prevent you from sending e-mails to anyone.

hmmmm(the original) 10:04 28 May 09

Not blacklisted.

Jollyjohn 10:26 28 May 09

If you know your main BTConnect.com e-mail address and password, log in click here and try sending an e-mail from there.

If you dont know the address then ring BT with the details above and they should be able to help.
0845 600 020

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…