Can't send email through Microsoft Outlook

Lee12 16:06 08 Jan 08

Hi,I can receive e-mail through Outlook but can't send. I have Windows Vista Home Premium; when I try to send email through Outlook, I receive an error message stating:
(The add in C:\Windows \System32\Fxsext32.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu and unable to load C:\Windows \System32\Fxsext32.dll ).
After trying to load after a while it prompts me to insert WinXP installation Disk; still nothing.

I know Fxsext.dll is a component of the Fax Mail Transport and is listed in the Add-In manager as "Fax Server Extensions". I tried unchecking this in the Add-In manager ('tools|Options|Other|Add-In manager), but still the same results.
Can anyone please help me out with another method.
thanks
lee64

johnnyrocker 16:18 08 Jan 08

have you tried the help/rpair option? try deleting and recreating the mail account.

johnny.

rawprawn 16:23 08 Jan 08

Have you tried a Repair using your MS Office Disc?
Open Outlook, and then Help/ detect and Repair

Lee12 16:35 08 Jan 08

I tried all the above earlier, still the same results.
lee64

rawprawn 16:45 08 Jan 08

Which version of Office are you using?

rawprawn 16:49 08 Jan 08

Have you tried running a System File Check?
From the Start menu, select Run, type sfc /scannow in the field, and click OK. You may be prompted to insert the installation CD-ROM in the optical drive if you haven’t put it there already. The System File Checker will scan the contents of the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder and update any corrupted, outdated, or missing DLL (dynamic-link library) files. When the process is complete, reboot your PC.

rawprawn 16:59 08 Jan 08

I found this on the net for Office 2007 I don't know if it works on earlier versions.
Go to
Tools/Trust Center/Add-ins button

At the bottom there is a "Manage Drop-Down" "COM Add-ins" may be selected by default.

Change this drop-down to "Exchange Client Extensions" and click "Go"

You will see an Add-In Manager dialog box with an option for "FaxExtension"

I uncheced this box and clicked "ok".

Closed Outlook and relaunched. Message has not returned

Lee12 18:53 08 Jan 08

I am running office 2002. I will follow the directions that you gave me and see what happans and I'll get back with you.
thanks
lee64

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…