can't send e-mails

peug417 18:05 09 Mar 03

I am having a few problems with my e-mail at present. I am using winxp with OE 6. I am able to receive incomming mail but cannot send even using the reply.
I have Norton antivirus 2003 which scans the mails no indication is given that they have not been sent but they dont reach their destination.
i have tried e-mailing my own hotmail account. OE recieves the mails but does not send them.
I have checked all my settings and all appears as normal i haven't changed anything to cause it.
any help please..

DieSse 18:10 09 Mar 03

If you use a dialup connection, and you have "Disconnect after Send/Receive" ticked, and you have Norton checking Outgoing emails - then what you commonly get is mails that have every indication that they have been sent, but they haven't.

The answer is to stop Norton checking outgoing mails, or to turn off "Disconnect after Send/Recieve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…