Can’t select which pages to print in Outlook 2007

Onizuka 15:47 24 Apr 08

From time to time I have e-mails running to several pages but only want to print a specific page. This was no problem when I used Outlook 2002 with Windows XP but on my new computer running Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Home Premium the option to select a particular page number does not appear. The only options appearing are to print All, Even or Odd pages, and the number of copies.

Can anyone assist please?

jack 15:49 24 Apr 08

that printer software controls paginations options
not the composition software.

what printer are you using?

Onizuka 15:54 24 Apr 08

Jack
The printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 915. Perhaps I should mention that the printer dialogue box that opens when I’m printing e-mails is different from the box that opens when I’m printing a Word 2007 document. In the latter case the option to choose which page numbers is available.

Fermat's Theorem 17:21 24 Apr 08

I met the very same problem the other night when I wanted to print just one page of an airline booking confirmation email.

My workaround was to highlight what I needed to print, copied it and pasted it into Word from whence it was printed.

But the facility to choose which page(s) to print and a print preview should be available in any modern software, in my opinion.

Hope this helps :-)

jack 08:18 25 Apr 08

Is common for all printing operations- it is part of the printer driver set up- not the source generating program .

See the image- This is the standard Epson print dialogue box that controls the print operation no matter what program I am operating from.
Here is have indicated where you select the page[s] required
If it is different in your your case then investigate the Epson set up further.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

VoG II 10:07 25 Apr 08

You don't get that dialog box. The only options are print the lot or odd or even pages. Even if you select the part of the text you want to print you don't get a print selection option.

I've taken to copying and pasting into Word, then printing.

Onizuka 12:08 25 Apr 08

As both Fermat’s Theorem and VoG™ confirm my original point it would seem to suggest that the problem lies with Outlook rather than my Epson setup. You suggest investigating the Epson setup further but I am not sure how to go about this. Can you advise please?

jack 12:12 25 Apr 08

I must admit.
But it seems odd because wheather I am in Word or E-mail or Web or a graphics editor ,that dialog box comes up before I hit print.
Some how there is, it seems me, a stage missing.
This latest screen shot is of selecting print from this page, and as you can see the page selector is there- just enter the appropriate page numbers

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

jack 12:16 25 Apr 08

Printer software.
Follow the rules.
e.g. Come off line.
shut down Anti Virus
Install exactly as instructed.

Out of interest- if you can make of screen shot of
the Box you are getting.

Oh yes a thought - dont use the priint icon on the top bar.
Use File/print set up/print.

Onizuka 12:30 25 Apr 08

I agree it seems odd that Outlook seems to have taken a backward step. Word 2007 gives you this:
click here
whereas Outlook 2007 gives you this:
click here

PS My apologies in advance if the links don't work but it's the first time I've tried the Imagethrust process that you seem to have used.

jack 14:29 25 Apr 08

The image thrust works fine got both- thank you.
Good innit!
That certainly is a different box and I assume the print pages option simply gives all/odd/evens
Is that it?

Try the 'Print to File' option- then load that file into word and work from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced