Can't select FAT32, can I still go back to it?

jediknight007 21:09 03 Feb 03

Hi, I have just bought a new Maxtor 60GB ATA133 7200rpm hard drive and I found that I was only able to select NTFS (quick) or just NTFS, not FAT32 like I have been able to with my other hard drives. Since I wanted to start up my PC as quick as possible, I had to choose NTFS. However, am I able to still convert back to FAT32? I play games most of the time and that NTFS might cause some problems for it.

jediknight007 21:59 03 Feb 03

Hi, I also have a problem when I'm booting up my PC. It detects my hard drive as Primary Slave and then my CD-RW drive as Secondary Slave but then it also mentions Secondary Master ATAPI Incompatible. Does this mean anything to you guys? I will try and fiddle about with the jumper settings and see if that makes a difference.

BRYNIT 22:42 03 Feb 03

You will need to reformat the hard drive for Fat32
Also check you have the hard drives setup correctly. click here

ellas 22:46 03 Feb 03

see if this helps click here

jediknight007 23:02 03 Feb 03

Well, this was the exact message when I tried setting the hard drive and CD-RW drive to cable select:

Pri Slave: YAR41BW0 Maxtor 6Y060L0
Ultra DMA-Mode 5 S.M.A.R.T Capable but disabled

Sec Master Drive - ATAPI Incompatible

Sec Slave Drive - ATAPI Incompatible

However, I went into my Standard CMOS Setup and auto-detected everything and it seems to run fine at the mo but I will still have to restart the PC to make sure. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Btw, are hardware modems supposed to run better? I bought an Ebuyer 56k hardware modem and it is only currently running at 31.2Kbps. I used to get mostly 33.6Kbps with my other Intel Software modem and could it just be my phone line?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…