Can't select "extend my desktop"

Mags63 12:06 08 Feb 08

Can anyone help me with this?

I'm trying to run my powerpoint presentation using the dual monitor facility. However, when I select monitor 2 and put a tick in the "extend my desktop" option, as soon as i click on apply the tick disappears again, so it doesn't seem to want to save it. Does anyone know why this is? I'm using P/point 2002 and it's on Windows XP Professional.

Covergirl 12:28 08 Feb 08

Presumably you're got a second monitor . . .?

If so, it will need connecting to some kind of adapter. I presume your 1st monitor is plugged into your video output on the graphics card - blue 15 pin D. What are you plugging the 2nd monitor into ? Possibly the output from the motherboard. If so, this will have been disabled due to your graphics card being in play.

What (I think) you really need is something like this click here from Matrox or similar - you can get a digital or analogue model and they're around £120-£200 depending on where you shop. Additionally, you'll need 2 x 15 pin monitor leads dependent on the output of the Matrox box but you'll probably have these with your monitors.

Have just had a bad experience with these but was due to the 'works build' machines we have. Should be no problems normally

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…