can't see usb printer to set up for printing

rsturbo 04:26 18 Jan 03
  rsturbo 04:26 18 Jan 03

i have just bought epson 925 usb printer but can't get windows 98se ME or XP to see it. the lead is a brand new usb cable and the software is installed as instructed by manual. when the software install gets to the bit saying connect printer and turn on i do this but it searches for approx 3 mins and then says it can't find the printer! any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thanks

dez fowler 04:37 18 Jan 03

Try installing the drivers then turning the computer off, plugging in the printer and turning it on the turning the computer back on.

If that doesn't work, then another posibility could be that you have the printer connected to an unpowered external USB hub or that you have it connected to a hub that already has a power hungry peripheral already plugged into it (e.g. a scanner). If either of these is the case then it could be that there's not enough power going through the USB cable to the printer.

Or it could just be a dodgy lead.

Legolas 09:14 18 Jan 03

When the setup says searching for printer, click cancel go into control panel-system-device manager-ports and check that the usb printer port is selected. Ths might be the cause of the problem.

rsturbo 14:48 18 Jan 03

tried the above and can report it was a faulty lead, took it back and got a different one and it picked it up straight away,

thanks for the help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…