Cant see newly networked computer.

Fatsia japonica 09:34 12 Jul 03

I have just networked two Xp home computers together using Linksys cable modem router, everything has gone well and I can share the cable modem with both computers. However I would rather like to be able to access all the files on the second computer from the primary one.

But I cant see the second computer at all from this one or access any files, To be honest I dont really know what to do or what Im looking for. I hope my question is clear. If anyone is kind enough to answer this problem for me i will be very greatful. I have to take my kids to footie practise now so please dont think I am ignoring you if I do not respond for a while.

Thanks in advance.

The Spires 10:32 12 Jul 03

If you look in My Pc/Tool/Map Network Drives You can assign a drive letter for each networked drive, you need to do this on each of your Pc's. You alse need to enable sharing (you need to do this first before mapping above, sorry), you do this by right clicking a drive you wish to share/properties/sharing.

Fatsia japonica 12:00 12 Jul 03

Thank you for your response, i have done the enable sharing bit for the 2nd computers entire C drive, but am still confused as to the map network drives part, sorry if i sound thick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…