Can't see images in emails

peter t. 14:00 09 Mar 06

Some of my mail contains images as part of the mail (not an attachment) All I see is a faint black rectangle with a red cross in the top left hand corner. the latest has .gif at the end of it. I am using Wanadoo webmail,XP SP2.

Belatucadrus 14:23 09 Mar 06

Have a look in Outlook Express Tools/Options then look at the Security tab and ensure that the Download Images option entitled "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail" is unticked.

peter t. 14:31 09 Mar 06

Thanks Beltucadrus.
Did that already,still not able to see the images. Must be a setting thing because 2 of my friends have the same problem, ones using Wanadoo webmail the other uses MSN.

eedcam 18:03 09 Mar 06

I would be wary of allowing all images to open automatically in your email.You could try clicking on forward that should allow them to open

watchful 18:20 09 Mar 06

Under the same security tab, have you got a tick in the box that says: 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus.' If so, untick it.

peter t. 12:30 10 Mar 06

Eedcam,
Agree with your advice to be wary but these are from known sources including Wanadoo.Tried your advice to forward,No joy.

Watchful,
I had already removed the tick some time ago.

peter t. 10:12 11 Mar 06

I think I found out what the problem is. Wanadoo have a policy that filters out attachments (and I presume images) from forwarded emails.Only way round it is to creat a new email and cut and paste the images onto it if you can.
So thanks for the ideas.

peter t. 10:13 11 Mar 06

So mystery solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…