Can't see IDE

I have just installed XP on a SATA drive as I thought my IDE drive had got some dodgy thing off the internet that wouldn't let it go to the home page I had set. Whether I set it to the ntl or MSN homepage, it kept going to one called perfect security.

Anyway, I got the SATA installed and another SATA for backup (eventually!) but I want to put the IDE drive on too so that I can retrieve files. However, whether I try the IDE as slave, master, master with slave present or cable select, the drive doesn't show up in the BIOS or My Computer or disk management. The cable and IDE port and power connector are the same ones that it worked with before I turned the SATA drive into the main drive.

Can anyone say what I may have done wrong?

007al 01:59 16 Apr 06

Try resetting CMOS,by jumper or taking the battery out.I had this problem with an asus board not long ago.It was set up with IDE and SATA,but couldnt see any on their own if one was taken out,or if i added another hard drive,it wouldnt show.After starting with fresh BIOS and all drives installed,there was no problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…