Can't see extra SSD in new PC

PAE 14:30 13 Dec 14

I've had a new PC built which came with a Hybrid SSD/SATA hard drive. I also asked for an additional 120GB SSD. It's in there but doesn't show up in Disk Management. I have run the installation disc that came with it but it only offers to migrate my OS and files from the original SSD which I don't want to do. The new SSD is to run X-Plane which can take up to 100GB if you load everything. Any ideas?

Thanks Peter

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:50 13 Dec 14

Does it show in BIOS?

PAE 15:57 13 Dec 14

Problem solved. had a wasted afternoon. It seems that the Hybrid Drive only shows up as a single drive. The SSD part seems to work of its own volition, at least that is what the Seagate site seems to infer. I will give it ago but if it is too slow I guess I'll need to buy another SSD, they're cheap enough these days. Thanks Peter

rdave13 16:24 13 Dec 14

Do you have one or two physical drives? If you asked for an additional SSD you should have two. The hybrid drive's SSD is for cashing for faster boot times and loading applications. It shows as a single drive as that is what it is. From what I gather from your opening post your hybrid drive is your C drive (Windows) then your SSD should be D and your optical drive should be E unless you have extra partitions on your main drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…