can't save web page in OPERA

Sethhaniel 08:46 10 Oct 05

is there an option???
In Internet Explorer save as HTML saves all page and pictures - OPERA just seems to get the page with no graphics - tried the different save as methods to no avail :0

StuPC-2004 09:55 10 Oct 05

You can save the session (File>Sessions>Save this session), but I think that's more like saving a bookmark than saving the actual code, images, etc.
I could be wrong...

Simsy 11:23 10 Oct 05

but it can be done...

When you get to the save dialogue, where it says HTML, use the dropdown to change it to "HTML file with images"

Far from obvious!!

Sethhaniel 11:55 10 Oct 05

done both of those options and nothing

tried the 'HTML file with images' but just get the html -
and the save session - is just a bookmark which retrieves the page - but a search for the name saved as reveals nothing on computer
so both option no good at moment ;0

Simsy 13:15 10 Oct 05

I've been using Opera in it's various flavours for ages... I've just, (and I mean just!), installed 8.5 and I'm having the same problem.

Let's see what they come up with at Opera!

Sethhaniel 16:01 10 Oct 05

as I noticed one of the download sites offers it with or without JAva ???

Simsy 19:20 10 Oct 05

but I have java installed.

It worked ok in the previous version.

octal 19:52 10 Oct 05

I've just tried saving this page and you are right, it just saves the index page as index.htm and nothing else, whereas when I save it with Firefox it saves as index.cfm.htm plus an additional folder called index.cfm_files which contains all the graphics, cascading style sheets and Java scripts, 25 files in all. When I open it in Nvu it looks as it should, obviously the index.htm file shows just the basic page with no graphics.

There seems to be no way of saving that important folder with all the files as far as I can see.

Sethhaniel 08:27 11 Oct 05

and have put Firefox on - which saves the page & folder as required - but neither Firefox or Opera seem to handle 'Alternative names'
i.e. move your mouse over the PC Advisor advert at the right of page and a box pops up saying 'click here' but in my ' Opera' and also in the newly installed 'Firefox' this feature doesn't work???

Sethhaniel 13:44 13 Oct 05

no good if it doesnt do simple task

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…