CANT SAVE WALLPAPERS AS JPEG

shadespug 20:01 29 Jan 05

WHEN I TRY TO SAVE WALLPAPERS OFF WALLPAPER WEB SITES AND I RIGHT CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND SELECT SAVE PICTURE AS IT GIVES ME 2 OPTIONS ON THE WINDOW THAT APPEARS TO SAVE PICTURE EITHER BITMAP OR ART,BUT WHEN I SELECT EITHER OF THESE 2 OPTIONS THE PICTURE CAN NOT BE VIEWED,BUT A FRIEND OF MINE DOES THE SAME HE CAN SELECT JPEG WHERE MINE GIVES ME THE 2 OPTIONS OF ART OR BITMAP,AND HE CAN THEN VIEW THE WALLPAPER HE HAS SAVED,WE BOTH HAVE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2.I WAS WONDERING IS THERE A WAY TO CHANGE SOME SETTING SO THAT I CAN SAVE THE PICTURE AS JPEG INSTEAD OF ART OR BITMAP.

ACOLYTE 20:25 29 Jan 05

First try saving the picture to your hard drive as bitmap.Then go here click here
download this and on install select images only,then open up the file you saved and re save it as a jpeg file,you dont have to use irfanview to do this any image software should give you the option to re save as a jpeg,but the above seems to support most file types.

ACOLYTE 20:26 29 Jan 05

You can also select set as wallpaper with ifranview saves messing about.

shadespug 23:45 29 Jan 05

I have fixed the problem,the solution to it was in AOL they compress graphics when you don't have a broadband connection so I switched it from this to never compress graphics and now I can do what I couldnt before,but I think this is the same for all AOL dial up connections.You just go into settings then internet (web browser)settings then where it says web graphics select never compress graphics.Doing this solved the problem for me.

Thanks for the help

THE TERMINATOR 02:32 30 Jan 05

You will also get this if your temporary internet folder if full. If it happens again click on Tools menu in IE, choose Internet Options and ckick on Delete Files....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…