Cant save homepage.

WHASSATDO! 19:31 15 Oct 03

Using Windows XP and aol 8. After i've been online my homepage has changed in internet properties.When i try to change it back to aol.com the "Use Current" button is a lighter shade than the "Use Default" or "Use Blank" buttons and appears to be disabled.So cant save my choice of homepage.Any ideas why?

powerless 19:33 15 Oct 03
  Legolas 19:36 15 Oct 03

You might have downloaded a small app that hijacks your homepage try running adaware click here or have a look here click here

WHASSATDO! 20:33 16 Oct 03

Thanks Powerless & Legolas. Downloaded Adaware,ran it, but still cant save homepage.

powerless 20:42 16 Oct 03

Try my clicky?

WHASSATDO! 18:21 18 Oct 03

Yes thanks Powerless. Think i saw a JS Exception code when i ran my antivirus a while back and the microsoft page u directed me to said this can change your homepage. Bit scared of messing with the registry in case i knacker something up!

WHASSATDO! 18:23 18 Oct 03

Yes thanks Powerless. Think i saw a JS Exception code when i ran my antivirus a while back and the microsoft page u directed me to said this can change your homepage. Bit scared of messing with the registry in case i knacker something up!

VoG II 18:26 18 Oct 03

Get StartpageGuard from click here

Once installed, run it and click on the padlock on the left hand side. Then enter your desired home page address in the box and click the padlock again to lock it.

WHASSATDO! 18:32 18 Oct 03

Thanks VoG. Going out to get drunk now! Try it tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…