Can't save an attached .jpg file

splinternet 00:01 27 Jul 04

I've been sent a .jpg file as an e-mail attachment (Hotmail). When I try to open the file, it's coming up in a browser window, which only allows me to save it as an html we page. How can I save it to my hard disk as a jpeg file?

Stuartli 09:34 27 Jul 04

Normally you just drag and drop or copy the file and put it in whatever folder you require.

temp003 09:36 27 Jul 04

Can you not right click the attachment and select Save? You will then be asked where to save it to.

splinternet 11:05 27 Jul 04

OK. The picture comes up automatically in the body of the e-mail (why?) and if I right-click on it, I can save it as a jpeg. What I was doing before was clicking on the name of the attached file in the list of attachments (which is what you normally do in Hotmail) which takes you to Hotmail download, and here it was being displayed as a web page. This is odd because other jpeg attachments I've been sent previously have been displayed by Hotmail in the imaging preview window, from where you can save as .jpg

Stuartli 11:27 27 Jul 04

Possibly because the e-mail was sent in HTML rather than Plain Text form.

OE>Tools>Options>Send tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…