can't run 'millionaire' game

Stevie B 24 19:25 30 Dec 06

Can anyone tell me why I can't run a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Junior edition PC CD-Rom game. The game is afew years old and its minimum system requirements are Windows 95/98. My computer has Windows XP, has plemty of hard drive space and installed the game OK but when I click the play button it tries to run it but then stops.

skidzy 19:28 30 Dec 06

Is the disc in the drive when you try to play.

thms 19:32 30 Dec 06

Try uninstalling program then install using the program compatability option. You will find this under Programs/accessories/Progrm compatability.
Just follow the instructions.

Jackcoms 19:37 30 Dec 06

Last Christmas (2005) we were given the DVD version of this game.

It wouldn't run on a DVD player. It wouldn't run on the PC.

In spite of contacting the manufacturers, we got absolutely no sense or proper explanation from them.

The DVD was binned in the end.

I wonder if this is the same company?

superhoops 20:09 30 Dec 06

We have had the game for several years and it has always run on XP, no problems.

Jackcoms mentioning the dvd game, I bought Deal or No Deal Dvd game. It runs so slow on the dvd player the game is unplayable and totally tedious

Jackcoms 20:12 30 Dec 06

Bought our younger daughter Deal or No Deal DVD game this Christmas.

Doesn't work at all on the DVD player, but works PERFECTLY on the PC.

superhoops 20:18 30 Dec 06

Thanks for that will try it on pc sometime. I was about to bin it or try to return it to Woolies. It takes about 5 minutes to choose which box you want to open next!!!

Stevie B 24 21:05 30 Dec 06

No luck I'm afraid.
The disc was in, I tried installing it through program compatibility, at different settings, but nothing. Guess it's a dud disc. Luckily it was only 49p from Games Workshop, still my daughter was really looking forward to it.
Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…