Can't run any games No input signal,Out of range

Josheo 13:44 03 Aug 06

Hi, just bought a new pc and have installed my Graphics card which is a Radeon 9600XT. Everytime I try to play a game I get the following errors.

"No input signal"
"Out of range"

This occurs when I get to the main screen to play the games.

Tried another monitor and the same problem. The graphics card runs fine in my other pc.

I tried running Unreal Tournament 2004 in safe mode and everything worked fine. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and could advise me on what to do/try. Many thanks, Josh

wolfie3000 14:06 03 Aug 06

load the game in safe mode and change the screen resolution in the game to a lower one.

wolfie3000 14:07 03 Aug 06

then save the setting then reload windows as normal then the game should work in the lower resolution.

Josheo 14:38 03 Aug 06

Once the game is loaded in safe mode its not possible to change the resolution. If I then try and switch the ingame options graphics from Software to Direct 3D it crashes. This was all working fine of my other computer. Hope that helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 03 Aug 06

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your Radeon?

Josheo 15:42 03 Aug 06

Ok I typed DXDIAG and wrote 75 in the override value box. Started the game and it froze straight away.

I tried installing the latest drivers earlier and I couldnt even get to any ingame screen as it would freeze on the main menu. Really stuck on what to do.

Thanks for the help.

Any other ideas I could try?

Josheo 15:43 03 Aug 06

Gonna install the latest drivers and try again. Atleast I know games run in safe mode :p.

Josheo 17:15 03 Aug 06

Still no luck, installing the lastest drivers was just as bad if not worse than installing the drivers from the disc. Anyone else have anything I could try?

andrew-196854 17:47 03 Aug 06

what game are you trying to play? and have you checked to see if there are any patches for the game

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5