//some 3rd party need geo

Can't run 16 bit windows program

blackbob 15:23 12 May 03

On booting up computer message on screen
"Can't run 16 bit Windows program"

"Insufficient memory to run this application.
Quit one or more Windows applications and then try again".I click on OK and everything seems to be running as normal.This message appeared after installing Serif Draw Plus7 and Hyperpen6000.
I've uninstalled the above and tried system restore,but get the message every time I boot up.

AndySD 15:38 12 May 03

click here and have a read.

blackbob 12:43 19 May 03

Sorry I'm so late in getting back .

Had a read AndySD and found in Msconfig Rmfile exe.,disabling this I can boot up without error message. Enabling this Rmfile exe. and booting up again I've got a new message "Windows cannot find Rmfile exe. etc. etc." Search cannot find the file. New message "Could not load or run Rmfile exe. specified in the registry.make sure the file exists or remove reference to it in the registry".
How do I do this? or do I disable in msconfig and forget about it?

AndySD 13:36 19 May 03

Untick it and forget about it for now. If any programs act strangely then retick it and come back to us.

blackbob 14:02 19 May 03

Thanks AndySd
I will take your advice. I've just received an email from "Serif"with new installation instuctions for Hyperpen 6000 and I'm going to try installing again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…