Can,t run 16 bit windows program?

summertimeninja 21:43 13 Apr 03

Hi, can anybody help, when downloading a printer driver i get the message can,t run 16 bit windows program.Can anybody tell me what this means and how to get round it so i can install the driver, running X.P thanks.

Lone Crow 22:36 13 Apr 03

Yes and no! Programs for XP are 32 bit programs and I presume (not having XP myself) that it cannot run the older 16 bit format programs. I would guess that you are downloading the wrong printer driver version and need to go back and seek out the XP version specifically - if there is one, that is, as not all printers/makers are fully up to speed with XP yet. If your model is an old one there may not be an XP version available. If not, check out their FAQ's on site or email them and ask. Good luck. LC.

Megatyte 22:40 13 Apr 03

If you can't find XP drivers, W2000 drivers usually work.

AH

woodchip 22:47 13 Apr 03

The 16 bit driver is created for Windows 3.11. You need to download Win2000 driver for your printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…