Can't rescue my computer. Please help.

SteveD73 23:03 20 Aug 06

About 4 days ago I nticed lots of virus warnings on my PC.Basically AVG (free version) amd Norton were flashing up virus detected! These were Trojans and AVG would not allow me to heal or do anything else. It just kept popping up. Have tried updating and running all of my tools, but each of them seem to lock up as if something is preventing them from working. These tools are spybot, ad aware, and norton av. Usually these take 30 mins each to do a full check , but my computer is running very very slow and these programs are not functioning at all. Something is obviously disabling them and I can't get around it. Have also used Hijack this, but to no avail...Also seem to have aquired a toolbar listing adult and gambling which is no doubt connected.... Sorry for the rambling nature of this. Am a rank amateur at this and need a pointer or 2. Ta Steve

brundle 23:10 20 Aug 06

AVG & Norton at the same time? Bad idea
Remove one or the other, and try Ewido (click here) or SuperAntispyware (click here)

SANTOS7 23:31 20 Aug 06

As brundle says you need first to uninstall one of your A/Vs as they will certainly cause software conflict.
use all spy/malware progs you have and try the links as well (all free)
click here
click here
click here
and CWshredder from here...

Chriss82 15:16 21 Aug 06

there are some nasty virus's/spyware out there that can disable anti spware utilitys
run the pc in safe mode and run all your utilities again, this may help if the programs are not loaded on start up

skidzy 15:37 21 Aug 06

If the sound advice above does not help you,may be better trying an online Virus scan
click here
click here
click here

Jak_1 15:38 21 Aug 06

The reason your av can't get rid of them is because they have lodged in the system restore files. Turn off system restore in the control panel, re-boot in safe mode and run the av. This should clear out any nasties in the system restore files. Once complete re-enable system restore and re-boot in normal mode. This should sort out the problem.

Not a good idea to run two av progs at the same time as conflicts may occur. I would opt for AVG.

SteveD73 13:30 23 Aug 06

Thanks to all for the assistance offered. Very frustrating , but resolved now with your help. Ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017