Can't remove Skype add-on in IE

rodriguez 14:08 22 Mar 07

I installed Skype the other day at work and it installed a tool called Skype add-on that changes the homepage. I can't get it off - removing it in Add/Remove programs does nothing and the option to remove it in the add-on itself is greyed out and can't be clicked.

Technotiger 14:10 22 Mar 07
  rodriguez 14:13 22 Mar 07

Cheers, but that's what I tried first and the option in the menu that says “Remove Skype add-on for IE” is greyed out and you can't click it.

VoG II 14:14 22 Mar 07

System Restore?

rodriguez 14:16 22 Mar 07

I could try system restore, but I don't know if there's anything on there that needs to be kept as this was installed a couple of days ago and it's a work machine in a classroom. One of the lessons was to teach students to install and use Skype and it came with this nice little add-on that we can't shift...

Technotiger 14:25 22 Mar 07

Try Tools>manage add-ons ...

rodriguez 14:38 22 Mar 07

Thanks Technotiger, that worked great. I just disabled both the Skype add-ons and now they're gone. Cheers. :-D

Technotiger 14:41 22 Mar 07

Grreat, another one bites the dust. Cheers.

1234s282 21:37 22 Mar 07

Try Re Downloading And Reinstalling Skype , Then going add remove programs and remove it completely

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…