Can't Remove a Programme i've downloaded..

Chrisann 16:07 20 Dec 06

After downloading a weather programme today..I have decided that I don't want it..so I tried to Remove it with the Windows Remove facility. I have tried 3 times..each time it starts to remove software then it freezes up the laptop..I have turned it off by emergency now 3 times this afternoon. Can't get it to go away now.

Anyone any ideas.?

Chrisann

Stuartli 16:15 20 Dec 06

Check if there is an Uninstall facility from Start>Programs>whatever your program is called.

patcan 16:18 20 Dec 06

Try XoftSpy SE or X-cleaner. It's spyware, I had the same problem and one or the other of these removed it

Kingfisher 16:19 20 Dec 06

Try a system restore date previous to installing program

rawprawn 16:21 20 Dec 06

Try Windows installer clean up
click here

rawprawn 16:22 20 Dec 06

System Restore is a good idea by Kingfisher

Chrisann 17:21 20 Dec 06

Foundthe uninstall facility for the download..it didn't like me going..and asked loads of questions as to why..but got rid anyway.

I was actually looking for something that give me instant weather reports to the laptop..but the one I got seemed to be American. Anyone know of anything. I have downloaded a traffic information one which seems o.k. unless anyone knows anything different.

Thanks all for replies.

Chrisann.

rawprawn 17:29 20 Dec 06

Tick Resolved?

Enoch 17:34 20 Dec 06

Chrisann----------Try this link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…