cant remove program!

drdeath 22:08 20 Oct 06

I have just downloaded office 2003 trial version, and now im unable to remove from my 'add'remove' programs. it tells me "the patch package could not be opened, verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"

Any help grateful

Jomi 22:13 20 Oct 06

Sometimes you can get a good result if you reinstall the program to repair files and then run the uninstaller.

woodchip 22:15 20 Oct 06

Rerun the Setup of Office, then try a uninstall

drdeath 23:03 20 Oct 06

Thanks for your advice guys, i have reinstalled it, but still getting same message!!

Jomi 23:07 20 Oct 06

When I get stuck like this I delete it manually and then run regscrub to clean the registry entries, you can get regscrub here:
click here

woodchip 23:37 20 Oct 06

You could run restore to before you loaded it

VoG II 08:12 21 Oct 06

Run click here then re-install then uninstall.

drdeath 10:27 21 Oct 06

Vog, your link tells me

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not perform the following functions:
• Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003 ???

VoG II 10:38 21 Oct 06

Correct.

It clears the registry entries, thus allowing you to reinstall the program. Having done that you should be able to uninstall it without getting the error message.

drdeath 14:43 28 Dec 06

Vog i have tried what you suggested, but i am unable to re-install!! I am getting the same message upon re-install ie "the patch package could not be opened, verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"

rawprawn 14:50 28 Dec 06

System Restore to before the installation?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…