Can't remove ink cart from Epson D92

teka1722 12:08 19 Mar 08

Help please with my Epson D92 printer running under windows

The print quality is now poor so I want to change the ink cartridge before Epson software detects it as empty

clicking start>control panel> printers> properities> printing preferences> maintenance

the ink cartridge replacement icon is greyed out!

How do I get to the cartridge to exchange it?

Grey Goo 12:13 19 Mar 08

If you can pull the power cord out when the carrier is in view it will stop dead.

peter99co 12:17 19 Mar 08

Would a remove printer and then add hardware be a safer option. as long as you have the driver cd still.

Technotiger 12:46 19 Mar 08

If the quality is poor you should be able to improve it, by using the Printers own software and running the jet cleaning options etc provided. You are almost guaranteed to have further problems if you remove a cartridge before the Epson software 'allows' you to.

rdave13 12:47 19 Mar 08

Try this, open a document go to file then print. On the printer window click properties. Click maintenance tab then click 'replace ink cartridge'. Follow the guide.

Technotiger 12:51 19 Mar 08

Hi, I doubt this will be possible - the cartridge in question is not empty, so the software will not normally 'allow' it to be changed.

teka1722 13:03 19 Mar 08

Thanks - pulling the plug out has given me access

Woolwell 14:46 19 Mar 08

Note that Epson state: "If there is a communication problem between the printer and your computer, on-screen instructions for replacing the ink cartridge do not appear. In that case, check all connections and make sure all devices are on."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac