Cant remove formatting from text doc

chesterfield 12:48 27 Feb 03

Hi all

I have to make up some web pages from text taken from a pdf doc. I copied and pasted the text from the pdf into a Word doc and even though it worked the text is now in a long thin column about half the width of the A4 page. Despite trying numerous suggestions I cannot remove this formatting and cannot get this text to span the full width of the page.

I tried pasting the text into Note pad and the text seem to happily span the full width of the page. However when I copied and pasted it into a Dreamweaver page it returned to its original formating and appeared in a narrow column again.

Obviously and can shunt the text around a line at a time but I have about 30 pages of this stuff to deal with.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Pesala 13:11 27 Feb 03

You could try saving it in RTF format from WordPad or failing that, as plain text from notepad. Then import that into Dream-weaver.

chesterfield 13:26 27 Feb 03

thats exactly what my friend suggested and it does look ok when its pasted into notepad but as soon as you copy and paste it into dreamweaver the formatting re appears!!!!!

chesterfield 15:08 27 Feb 03

In case anyone is interested ive discovered that by pasting the text into dreamweaver and then using the find/replace facility you can remove whatever the formatting is - in this case paragraphing.

Strangely though it didnt seem to work using the same method in Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac