Cant Remove Adobe 7.08

subi 22:43 31 Jan 07

Having problems downloading application forms on sites using Adobe Reader.
Tried to update to Adobe Reader 8.0 by first removing 7.08 but each time I try I get a " This patch package could not be opened .............."
Anyone know how to remove 7.08 and install 8.0?

Rtus 23:16 31 Jan 07
  lotvic 23:27 31 Jan 07

read your link. I interpret that as: if you install Adobe Reader 8 it will uninstall Adobe Reader 7 automatically for you.

Agreed?

subi 07:59 01 Feb 07

Thanks for your help Rtus. I have tried installing AR8.0 but I get an error message stating that another version of Reader is installed and this needs to be removed before Reader 8.0 can complete the installation!
Still cant remove the old version!

subi 10:45 01 Feb 07

Success!! needed to remove PATCHES. WEnt into registry and looked for " keys ". deleted the offending files and was then able to remove Adobe Reader 7. Installed AR 8 and, so far, everthing seems to be working okay.
Again, Rtus, thanks for your help.

Rtus 10:48 01 Feb 07

I agree , however it doesnt make it clear (to me anyway) if its supposed to remove patches too.wonder if somewhere on the adobe site they have an unistall cleaner ,worth looking sometime

johnnyrocker 10:54 01 Feb 07

and the solution was?

johnny.

subi 12:14 01 Feb 07

Johnnyrocker:
Solution is;
You have to edit the Registry, and delete "PATCHES".
Run Regedit
Click on Registry - Export and export the whole registry
click on the Computer on top so it searches the whole registry.
Click Edit - Find and then type in PATCHES - make sure you only look for KEYS.
Renames all folders called Patches to Patchesold.
Delete the Patches file.
Once you re-boot you are able to remove the Adobe 7 program and then install the new 8.0 version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…