cant remove from add/remove

Newuser2179 20:27 02 Aug 04

I have a programme which I can't remove from ADD/Remove. When I click to remove it just flashes. Have tried Spybot works on other programmes but not this.
It is causing a permanant small window right in the middle of my desktop, when I click on that says "pcgetcontrolsettings:", Object variable or with block variable not set. I have to drag it to one side so I can hide most of it. Have been into windows explorer, why I attempt too delete from there it says. " cannot delete bahtmlctrl.ocx:Access is denied."
I am confused hope someone can enlighten me please.
Sandy

johnnyrocker 20:32 02 Aug 04

have you tried adaware? and safe mode?.

johnny.

GaT7 20:45 02 Aug 04

Also run Antivirus scans at click here & click here. Good luck, G

sattman 20:46 02 Aug 04

What is the name of the programme

keith-236785 20:58 02 Aug 04

click here

download and install, then use this to try to remove the stubborn file, it has worked for me in the past.

good luck

sattman 08:05 03 Aug 04

Newuser

The programme that is causing you problem is a voice enabling sofware programme from Browsealoud that is a internet download, The icon is associated with this. Perhaps if you could uninstall this programme it should solve your problem

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…