Can't reinstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 Tryout

Auron476 10:35 14 Apr 03

I had to uninstall a 30 day tryout version of Adobe Photoshop Elements after the trial period expired. I've tried reinstalling it from one of the PC Advisor cds I have but when I try to run the program it says that the trial period had expired. I'm running Win XP with SP1, can anyone help?

-pops- 11:01 14 Apr 03

You say it's a try out. Well, you've tried it out. That's all there is too it really. If you want to use it further you will have to buy it.

Most, if not all, trial versions of programs leave a key behind if they're uninstalled or after the trial period is over to prevent re-installation. This is exactly what has happened here.

Brian

PC Advisor. 11:09 14 Apr 03

Auron476,

-pops- is right.

Many tryout/trial/demo versions of software leave entries in the Registry of your PC. These ensure that once a trial period has expired, you will not be able to re-install the same trial software on the same PC.

This is to stop those people using trial versions of software from simply re-installing their trials, and never actually departing with any cash for the application.

A tryout version, as the name implies, is designed to allow customers to try before they buy. If it's not for you, you keep your money in your wallet. If you're happy and you want to keep using the product, you have to hand over your cash.

Thanks for posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…