cant register on ebay

s_v2004 19:32 12 Apr 05

I have been trying to register on ebay for the last few days and for some reason its not letting me. I can get to the first page of the registration where u fill in your name address etc but when I click on continue it starts to look for the next page and thats it, it just stays like that like its continually looking. I emailed ebay and they told me to delete my cookies and cache which i did but im still getting the same problem, tried with my firewall off aswell but nothing, anyone else had this problem or know what might be wrong?

Buchan 35 22:50 12 Apr 05

I`m not as experienced as most users of this forum,but I feel you may have a malware problem. Try running cCleaner, Spybot search and Destroy and Spyware Blaster. I notice you have`nt mentioned an anti virus programme, then get either AVG 7 or Avast 4, and update them before running them. Last but not least, never turn your firewall off if you are on the `net. Sorry I can`t give you `Click heres` but you could try Google. All the Best

s_v2004 23:32 12 Apr 05

I'm running ZoneAlarm Security Suite which has a firewall and anti-virus, and i've run Ad-Aware SE too and found no problems. I've also tried it on another PC at home and in an internet cafe with the same thing happening, i've emailed ebay again so hopefully they can tell me more. I noticed on the ebay website somebody else mentioned the same problem when they tried to register a new account for another member of the family, nobody there seemed to know what it could be either.

KITA 23:55 12 Apr 05

I can only speak about my experience when I joined Ebay,but I tried setting up my account through my Tiscali email,but for some reason it kept freezing,but when I set up a Freeserve account and registered that with Ebay for some strange reason it worked?Probably not much help to you sorry,but that's how I got on ebay.

€dstowe 06:52 13 Apr 05

I understand that eBay only works correctly through Internet Explorer. Are you using some other browser?

s_v2004 07:41 13 Apr 05

Thanks for the replies, i've got it working now. Wasnt anything to do with my browser because I tried it with 3 different browsers. Seems like it doesnt like hotmail I think cos I just tried registering again but this time with my blueyonder address and it worked so thank u very much :)

Mr Mistoffelees 07:47 13 Apr 05

I registered 2 years ago using a Hotmail address which I still use for eBay and Paypal. Maybe the rules have changed for new users.

s_v2004 17:25 13 Apr 05

Got this reply from ebay today:

The email address you are attempting to register is one that has been "recycled" by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This happens when a specific address is given to an individual for a period of time and then is reissued again at a later date to another party.

Regrettably, these "recycled" email addresses do pose some problems on eBay. While the account may not be active, we are not able to change ownership of the address, as there will be confidential account history and registration information that cannot be disclosed or removed from our site.

I know this is an inconvenience, but in order to keep your eBay identity separate from this old account, you will need to use a new, unregistered
email address to set up an account. If you don't have another unregistered email address, you may wish to either contact your ISP for a new email address or try using a free email address such as Hotmail or Yahoo.

Don't really understand it cos i've been using my hotmail address for years and havent registered with ebay before either, doesnt matter now though since i've managed to register with a different address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…