Cant record onto CD/DVD

iscanut 11:43 28 Feb 09

Up until recently I had no problems recording to my CD/DVD drives, D & E. Having had problems recently, I found that the tick box that allows recording was unticked for each device. I reticked the boxes and ticked Apply then OK. Still no good as I find that when I look again, the boxes are unticked and I cannot record. Whatever I do, the ticked boxes will not retain the tick for some reason. Anyone have any ideas please ? Registry solution ?

MAJ 14:02 28 Feb 09

Try this. click here

iscanut 14:28 28 Feb 09

Thanks for that..will give it a go later.

iscanut 15:49 28 Feb 09

Have checked my registry settings and all appear to be OK, value of drives both set to 2. It looks as if I can only have one drive at a time set as the recording device for some reason. I can live with that if that is the case. Does anyone have two recordable drives wiuth both set up as ticked in the Recording tab as a matter of interest ?

BT 15:55 28 Feb 09

I have two DVD recorders and neither is ticked in the recording tab. This seems to be only necessary for recording CDs using the Windows CD recording software.

iscanut 16:05 28 Feb 09

Thanks BT...I have been having the problem when trying to backup my photos to CD/DVD..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant