Can't recieve any data

Chris_c 00:31 29 May 03

My computer is ahving problems with the internet at the moment. When I try to connect to the internet, the modem dials fine and i get the connected icon in the tray, but no programs can access the internet. According to the connection status, data is being sent, but nothing is recieved except for ~360 bytes that are recieved immediately after it connects. I have tried reinstalling Internet explorer, the modem drivers, the network protocols, and even windows itself and nothing i try solves the problem. I know it's not the phone line or the ISP because I can connect to the internet using the same account and phone line, but from a different computer. This problem has stumped me and I have no idea as to how to fix it. If anyone can think of anything that might help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris

Terrahawk 01:06 29 May 03

do you have a firewall installed?

Chris_c 01:31 29 May 03

I haven't got any firewalls installed

edkny 02:42 29 May 03

call your isp tech support and ask for the DNS settings.

keith-236785 08:41 29 May 03

Faulty modem perhaps, see if someone will Lend you one. if not they are only about a tenner at pcworlds component center, cheaper from mail order but dont forget the HIDDEN delivery charges and having to wait two days

graham√ 10:06 29 May 03

This may work, you need to clear your browser cache, if it is full you cannot access any more pages. Now it's a race to find out how! I've done it once under instruction on the phone, so I will try and find the route!

graham√ 10:22 29 May 03

Try control panel, Internet Options, General, Clear History. Can't do any harm!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…