Can't receive emails - new account setup

spot the braincell 15:22 01 Nov 06

Hello, I have just setup a new email account and can send ok, but I'm not receiving any. When I click send/receive it doesn't error but I still don't receive any of the test emails I send. I'm using MS Outlook and Win XP.

birdface 16:31 01 Nov 06

If its outlook express, Try tools options,And make sure you click make this my default mail handler.

birdface 16:35 01 Nov 06

Try.Right click bottom taskbar, Properties, Start Menu, Customise, Make sure E-Mail Square is ticked, And your e-mail provider is in the drop down box beside it.

spot the braincell 17:13 01 Nov 06

Hi Buteman, I'm using MS Outlook and already sending and receiving emails with another email account ok. The problem is just with a new email account I'm using which sends emails ok but hasn't received any yet.
When I go to Tools->Email Accounts and click 'test the account settings' it comes back ok

birdface 19:21 01 Nov 06

Well I Use Incredimail and outlook express,Can only use one as default mail server,That is if I use the same e-mail Address, I Also have A Hotmail Address which will send and recieve e-mails, I take it you have two different e-mail address's But only one working.Begining to confuse myself here, But hope you understand.

birdface 19:24 01 Nov 06

What I was trying to say, Was that you cannot run two e-mails with the one e-mail address.

birdface 19:26 01 Nov 06

What we need on here is someone else that knows how to operate MS Outlook.

Miros 19:32 01 Nov 06

I use four e-maill address's with only one ISP. I don't uderstand your post. Example I have hotmail, eircom, oceanfree, and an AOl address which is also the provider, my ISP.

birdface 19:44 01 Nov 06

Ok,Sorry I may be wrong here, But How many different e-mail addresses do you have.

birdface 19:52 01 Nov 06

Sorry Miros if I am wrong,I run Outlook Express and Incredimail With One e=mail Address, But can only use one ,If I want to use the other one I have to make it my default mail handler,You can not run two at the same time,As far as I know, And thats not a lot.

spot the braincell 19:54 01 Nov 06

I have one email address with one domain and have another email address with another domain. Using MS Outlook I can send and receive emails with one but with the 2nd email address I can only send emails.

I have just had returned email messages for all the emails I tried to send to this address. The error reads 'SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT' etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…