can't receive email photo's

thospot 15:45 02 Mar 05

There should be "Expert Advice you can trust 2nd division" for old simpletons like me and my mate. We've been friends for over 70years and he has just taken up computing and I am trying to send him some photo's by email. He did manage to receive one picture a week ago but none since. If I send one (reduced to 72DPI and less than 120KB) to myself I can receive it OK but if I send the same one to him he doesn't get it. Why?.. I'm using XP Pro and Outlook Express and MGI Photo Suite 111 and Image Expert. I don't know what he is using. Please don't get too technical if you reply. Thank you....

Yoda Knight 15:52 02 Mar 05

Is he recieving the email without the attachment or just no email at all ?

thospot 15:54 02 Mar 05

He can receive the email without the attatchment.

TomJerry 15:54 02 Mar 05

for example yahoo click here or hotmail click here, you can send and receive very big pictures

some settings in outlook express need to set properly to enable picture attachment and so on, this may be too much for him

web base email is very easy to use and can access it from any networked computer in the world

thospot 16:05 02 Mar 05

He has only just mastered the mouse so wouldn't be able to do it on his own. I will bear that in mind when I get to see him. I was wondering if it was something simple like 'spam killers' or 'virus checkers' or something.

thospot 16:37 02 Mar 05

There must be some simple explanation for this. Does anybody know?

VoG II 16:39 02 Mar 05

In his Outlook Express, Tools/Options, Security tab. Make sure "Block images..." is not ticked.

thospot 16:45 02 Mar 05

Thanks VoG" will try that when I get up there. Trouble is, he's on dial up with NTL and can't use his phone at the same time as being on internet.

ramsay29 16:50 02 Mar 05

Check if he is using Microsoft Outlook for e-mail. There is a problem when sending attachments between Outlook and Outlook Express. It is solved if you send the e-mail in plain text.

if this is barking up the wrong tree sorry

Happy Soul 17:10 02 Mar 05

Get him to try click here

As he is on dial-up, maybe you could download and save it on a CD/RW and let him install from there.

An 87 year old friend of mine finds it so simple to use and never has any problems.

thospot 17:24 02 Mar 05

Unless there is any more sugestions I will tick this as being resolved but might come back to it again. Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…