Can't receive email from one person.

Botch Casually 16:00 13 Oct 05

until recently no problem. Now our friend can read our emails but we do not receive theirs. Have turned my ISPs spam filter off and checked that the account is still on my allowed list on my norton antispam. Their emails just don't show even in any of the spam folders. We just don't seem to receive them.

Could the problem be at their end and if so what.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

pj123 16:08 13 Oct 05

Snap. I have a similar problem. My friend receives my emails but I didn't get his.

He is on AOL and I am on NTL, (both Broadband)

If he sends an email to my NTL address I don't receive it. I have told him to send it to my Hotmail address and I do receive it.

Botch Casually 16:17 13 Oct 05

Interesting I'm with NTl too.

Botch Casually 16:18 13 Oct 05

Our friend is on beeb.net

pauldonovan 16:27 13 Oct 05

Go to the email test (middle set of tools, at the bottom) on the following:

click here

If it is a general problem then that tool will tell you. It could be specific between a number of ISPs I guess.

Botch Casually 16:33 13 Oct 05

Thanks, tried it and it gives a good result. They receive our messages but we don't get theirs - i'll ask them to try the test when I can.

Simsy 20:33 13 Oct 05

get theirs?

It could be that they have the servers set wrong in their email software?

Regards,

Simsy

Botch Casually 20:57 13 Oct 05

unlikely, everything else is normal. no other problems. neither user changed any settings.

Given that pj123 has a similar problem I wonder if it's something NTL have done,- perhaps with their filtering.

keith-236785 22:45 13 Oct 05

goto click here and check your e-mails via the web mail, that will eliminate your connection doubts.

in the quick links section, click Mail, enter your e-mail addy and password.

then you can check your e-mails online.

the problem will probably be at the other end but this at least eliminates your pc.

i am on NTL and dont have problems (at least not that i know of)

easiest way i have found of checking my e-mail is working is to send myself one, checks outgoing and incoming at the same time. get your friend to do the same.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…