can't read UDF formatted CDRW IN XP

CHRISBORTH 21:37 07 Apr 04

I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows XP from Windows 98. I had Easy CD Creator 4 installed on the 98 system. I backed up all my data including details of passwords for web pages etc on a cd rw disc.
Following the installation of XP I now find that I can’t access the data on the cdrw. XP says the data on the cd is UDF, but doesn’t identify each individual folder and file. I have checked the Microsoft windows website and downloaded a UDF reader patch without success. Also Easy CD Creator 4 will not work on XP.
Does any one know how to sort this out, other than reverting back to Windows 98, or will I have to upgrade to a more recent Easy CD Creator?

SANTOS7 21:51 07 Apr 04

click here this may help

keenan 21:52 07 Apr 04

L0oks like an upgrade is the best option.

click here;en-us;285910&Product=winxp

keenan 21:54 07 Apr 04

click here

GaT7 22:15 07 Apr 04

An upgrade should do it for you.

Get the latest Nero - click here= or Easy CD Creator - click here= . Before buying determine with the seller they are genuine CDs & not blank-faced copies.

Good luck, G

CHRISBORTH 23:51 07 Apr 04

I've just tried the patch on the Roxio web site. Still no luck. looks like i'll have to buy an upgrade.
Thanks for your help.

temp003 03:19 08 Apr 04

I think you'll have to upgrade Easy CD Creator. Version 4 doesn't work with XP. Even the original Version 5 needs a patch for it to work with XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…