cant read UDF files in winXP

unclesam 12:38 10 Mar 03

is it possible to read my CDRWs that i created in win98 now that i have winXP?? ......... When i try to read them i jst get a read me file with the following message........This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification........ p.s. I dont need to write to the disc .....but i would like to access the files

unclesam 12:49 10 Mar 03

i think they were created using nero......i now have easy cd creator 5 platinum

sil_ver 12:58 10 Mar 03

You probably used InCD which is bundled with Nero.

beeuuem 13:02 10 Mar 03

This programme may allow you to read the files
click here

unclesam 13:02 10 Mar 03

i think thats right ....but it wouldnt work under windows xp.....so i bought easy cd creator and now cant read my backups.......any ideas please

powerless 13:08 10 Mar 03

click here and update roxio.

unclesam 13:28 10 Mar 03

ive updated roxio to version 5.3.4.21 and installed the udf reader but it wont work with xp ....all i get is the error message ......(see my first post).....any ideas???

unclesam 13:56 10 Mar 03

is there a udf reader somewhere that will work in windows XP?

vulcanian 14:26 10 Mar 03

Have you tried this.
Put your CDRW in the drive. Open My Computer. Look for "Devices with Removable Storage". Find the icon showing the drive letter of your CDRW. Right click on it. Make sure "Use with DLA" is ticked. Restart and see what happens this time.

unclesam 14:58 10 Mar 03

i cant find an option for " use with DLA" where is it??

vulcanian 15:12 10 Mar 03

Try a search for DLA in your "Search for files & folders" on the Start menu. DLA - Drive Letter Access. It enables you to "drag & drop" files, pictures etc. Another name for UDF, etc. It may not be enabled?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…