Can't read .pdf files off the internet

stlucia 12:25 28 Nov 06

For a while now, perhaps since I upgraded Firefox to 1.5.0.8, I've been unable to read .pdf files from internet sites. When I click on any .pdf link the progress bar flashes and it almost immediately says "Done" and a new Firefox screen comes up completely empty.

I've got Adobe Reader 7 on my PC, and I get the same blank result if I manually start it running in background before I try the .pdf pages.

I've searched on my PC for the .pdf files in case they've been downloaded but not opened, but I can't find them. Is there a setting which would cause this?

I'm using Win XP SP2 and running ZA and AVG, both of them updated regularly.

anskyber 12:37 28 Nov 06

Have a look at this, click here

Kate B 12:40 28 Nov 06

You could always go mad and upgrade to Firefox 2.0. And/or install this extension click here

stlucia 18:27 28 Nov 06

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Adobe Reader 7, as per one of the suggestions in anskyber's link, and all seems to be well.

Thanks a lot.

I thought I was on the latest Firefox; why I am not deluged with prompts to download 2.0 every time I open Firefox? I'll check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…