Can't read micro SD card

john bunyan 16:02 29 Sep 10

W7, Photoshop CS5, Multi card inbuilt reader.
I download photos regularly from normal SD cards from cameras, and have done so with a Sony Erricson's micro SD card from a mobile.My wife has a LG mobile, but when I put in it's micro SD card in it's holder , a message appears that I must format the card to enable it to be read. I know there are .jpg images on it, which I do not want to lose. and I have always thought that SD cards should only be formatted on the normal host - in this case the LG mobile.Any views? I prefer not to install yet more software to plug the mobile in to the PC.

hastelloy 16:11 29 Sep 10

Is the card SDHC (high capacity-over 2GB) and if it is have you used one before? Not all card readers read SDHC.

woodchip 16:13 29 Sep 10

As above 2gig SD card can be to much for some systems in card readers

john bunyan 16:14 29 Sep 10

I think it is 2 Gig and a fast transfer. Will have a look at it. Is downloadable sofware available?

compumac 16:16 29 Sep 10

Is it a question that your inbuilt multi card reader is old (same as mine) and that it cannot identify the micro card or its size? I had a similar problem resulting in me purchasing a modern external card reader and I then had no problems.

Can you transfer to PC via BlueTooth?

john bunyan 16:17 29 Sep 10

No it just says Sandisk 2 GB micro sd. I have read these before.

woodchip 16:19 29 Sep 10

You can get card readers with micro SD slot I have one. Where it does not need the adapter

woodchip 16:20 29 Sep 10

You can get card readers with micro SD slot I have one. Where it does not need the adapter

john bunyan 16:20 29 Sep 10

I will try it on a new laptop.

john bunyan 16:30 29 Sep 10

And others. It appears to be a software problem with my inbuilt multi reader ( can read all sorts including floppies). I tried it via the reader on my Canon MP64o, and that was OK.
Thanks for all the input to those who have replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…